I took the weekend to think things over and between my husband and me, we decided that going ahead with the surgery was the thing to do. So Monday I turned in my work slip to the Human Resources manager and also notified my boss of my decision. Talk about hard!! I *think* I have all the loose ends tied up regarding insurance and disability. I also am amazed at how great my coworkers handled the news. This is a big guilt complex I am dealing with, knowing that I've put them in a lurch.
On the flip side, I can now hone my house wife skills and learn how to cook....somewhat....ok not really, but at least I'll be able to stay on top of the laundry and vacuuming (we have two dogs that never quit shedding) and dishes. I find it crazy that two people can make such a huge mess.
I had my follow up PT eval yesterday to make sure that I was doing the exercises correctly still and able to tolerate an increase in leg weights (I'm up to 3 pounds each leg now) and to be told that there are no other exercises I can be taught since Z does not agree with squats or lunges. So it's the same old, same old boring routine. I can manage the treadclimber for about 20 minutes at a moderate pace and resistance but some days I pay for it afterward. At least it gives me a little variety in strengthening and endurance. Maybe I'll take up some upper body light weight lifting for upper arm strength and toning. I've got all the time in the world to do whatever I want now and absolutely no ambition to do it. I'm pathetic. True story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment