I figured I would write about my left hip at 6 months now since I'm due in a few days and because the day I will be 6 months out will be the day I'm in surgery for the RPAO. Things are going pretty darn well for the left hip! I no longer get the sharp, giving out pains that stop me in my tracks. Instead it is only mild giving out, I can keep walking through it and I only limp a little til the feeling goes away. There is no more ache in the joint or awkward feelings of positioning the leg just right for getting comfortable while seated or for intimacy. And the muscles are really doing well too with walking. Although I still aggravate the psoas and quad from time to time (with squatting or external rotation) it's not really something that's on my mind much. And that's a good thing! As far as exercise goes, I am able to walk on the treadclimber for up to 25 minutes on good days (barring how the right hip feels). I'm still doing the leg reps but stuck at 3 pounds of weight for leg rep exercises. Still trying to advance to 4 pounds, but it's like the legs just "quit" after a certain amount of reps with 4 pounds. This is very frustrating for me.
I bought myself some OTC orthotic inserts (per Z's recommendation) that my neighbor, who is a podiatrist, suggested for me. So far I've been wearing them on a schedule and I think I like them. It's hard to say right now. My knees are not really adjusting well, but the feet feel pretty good. Time will tell.
As for the right hip details, I was supposed to have the CPM machine delivered on Monday and have it all set up prior to surgery (as this is something new that Z's office wants to try so it's not a hassel after surgery) but being that Monday is Memorial day, they will not deliver it then and we will have to set it up in the hospital like the last few times. They can't do it more than a day in advance of surgery since insurance will then see it as too long of time in between getting the CPM and surgery. The CPM is completely covered by insurance. I was also supposed to get a cooling machine (an ice/water pack that stays cold at consistant temps for as long as you keep it running) but insurance won't cover that and it's about $250 so I decided not to get it.
Also, I spoke with Jennifer on Monday regarding the hip scope in addition to the PAO and what Z's answer was to that. She called me back after speaking with him and it is a go! So, the left screws will come out, and the right hip will be scoped and have the PAO. The down side to all this is that I got my expected surgical time and I am to report to the hospital at 4:30 pm and surgery is not schedule to start until 6:30 pm. That is a helluva long day to not eat or drink! 18.5 long hours.....I feel kind of bad for Dr. Z. I sure hope he will still be sharp by the time my turn rolls around!
I will be sure to update after the surgery when I feel up to it. The plans this holiday weekend are to relax and enjoy family and hopefully some really nice, sunny weather. See you all on the other side!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good Luck Tomorrow! I will be thinking of you! ;)
Good Luck my sweet Marcie!
Lisa
Post a Comment