I had the right hip injected with kenolog and marcaine on Friday by my PCP and wow!! He is smooth! I didn't feel anything, not even the initial poke, and he didn't even use lidocaine. Who doesn't love that?! I do believe I will be going to him for my injections from now on. The steroid injection I had in July by Dr. Z either didn't take, or there just wasn't enough in it, so I had asked if it would be alright for one more injection before surgery. Dr. Z said it was fine as long as I waited 6 weeks from the one he had done and to make sure it wasn't less than 6 weeks out from surgery. I had it done exactly 6 weeks after the injection in July. I think there is a bit of a steroid flare, because things are sore, but my PCP said to expect that. However, my flexion pain has improved. I can bend my right hip further before I feel the deep sharp pain. I still have just a generalized ache all around, especially in the groin and SI joint and buttock. I've also become more aware of my SDD incision site where the muscles were seperated to be quite painful. The hernia site is really bad, which is just south of the scar. I hope Dr. Z was serious when he said we could get Plastics involved once the hip was settled.
The other unsettling thing is my left knee lately. I have had three episodes of complete giving out/buckling when going to stand up and take my first step. I also am having a harder time controlling the knee/leg staying straight on when I walk. It wants to twist way inward and feels "floppy". The knee cap itself has a nagging pain that is not something I can ignore and I try to rub it out, but then it starts to slide too far left or right and it snaps or clunks over one edge or the other of my femur and that HURTS. With each step I take, I feel a click or pop in my knee, more medial or inside, when I put full weight down and the leg straightens through full extension. That's more gross feeling than painful. But I don't like this at all.
And it's frustrating because I am limited to fixing things one at a time due to work and because the OS says so.
We still haven't narrowed down a run yet, but some of our family members are so excited and proud of this goal that they are going to run it too or at least be there to watch it happen! I only have about 6 weeks left to get my endurance and stamina down before doing a run, so God help me, I'm going to need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment