Currently at 6 weeks post op:
I'm still on lovenox shots for blood clots (2 more weeks of these) and I am still dealing with a blood clot in my hand from my IV (thrombophlebitis). 2nd one I've dealt with
I'm likely going to be in the fiberglass cast and on crutches longer than the original 8 weeks d/t delayed union.
I'm back to working a full 8 hour day at work.
I am able to drive left footed from home to work (have been driving since 3 weeks post op).
I am afraid of how long it's going to take my incisions to heal. I can see the top of the one from my big toe and it's still very scabbed over.
Toes and foot turn same color purple as my cast when it's down. My cap refill is 3 seconds, so it's nothing to be worried about.
Neurontin is causing amusing memory lapses...have gone commando to work, forgot deoderant, sentences end with funny words, and I have terrible recall. But it's really helping with the neuropathy in my foot and ankle so it's worth the funny business.
At this point I'm most anxious to hear what my surgeon has to say about the increase in pain and whether I'll be able to be walking unassisted by the time my September vacation comes up (California bound!).

No comments:
Post a Comment