Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The verdict is....

I have gotten a new date for my right hip surgical dislocation surgery. It's on December 8th now instead of the 29th (because I decided I really wasn't totally comfortable with Dr. Z leaving town right after surgery). Also, I asked if Dr. Z would be willing to do my LPAO 3 months after my right hip surgery and he is willing as long as I heal well and depending on how I feel! Work is ok with this (my possibly being gone for 6 months) and is willing to work with me...what a huge relief that all this could be behind me in a 6 month time frame! If I don't heal well, or Dr. Z isn't happy with my progress, then I will do the LPAO the following December like originally planned.

I'm so ready for this! Less than 3 months to go now!

I really hope it all works out for the best because I am tired of progressively hurting worse and worse. My job is very physically demanding most of the time and just recently I put in a 17 hour day (and returned to work the next morning for a full day) d/t being on call and the call cases just kept rolling. My hips didn't handle that well at all and I know it's definately time to do something drastic...surgery. I am feeling really guilty about taking the time off of work, but it's something I obviously can't control and I just have to let things happen as they will. I have an awesome group of co-workers though!!! I couldn't ask for a more supportive group (other than my hipsters on hip women!) I can't describe how relieved I feel now, just knowing what's in store. It's almost not so bad waiting now and I think it's because of the other hipsters blogs and support on the hip women board. Just knowing what they've all gone through and that they're all going through it with me is so comforting. I just take in all their experiences and it really puts mine into perspective. My day will come, and until then I'm going to try to live my life as I did "pre-obsession" with hip dysplasia! I owe it to my husband and myself. I've got a life outside these hips and I know that they will be fixed so I can start my family and enjoy doing things without pain!

1 comment:

Lori Hagewood said...

Best of luck, Marcie! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm following your journey now as well! Please feel free to reach out to me anytime you want. Get lots of rest!

Lori H.
http://myrpaostory.blogspot.com