Monday, April 9, 2012

Results are in

I heard back from Dr. Z today about the CT of my right hip. I'm in for another scope.
I have heterotopic ossification around the socket and my femoral head has bone spurs on it. My pubic symphysis is also degenerative (I didn't ask how or why but read that it can be caused from pelvic instability).
Anyway, since I can't have MRIs anymore, the scope is a way to determine the condition of my cartilage too. Dr. Z made me feel pretty good about my convincing him to do the scope with the PAO because now he has something to compare it to. He said it was a wise decision :)

I don't have an appointment with him til early June so I'll make more decisions then. I don't have FMLA again til October, so I know it will be at least 6 months til I go thru with this.

One good thing is he didn't feel this is urgent so much as it will hopefully give me some pain relief and ROM back, so scheduling it at my discretion and comfort is key.
At least now I don't feel so crazy!

No comments: