Screws are out, without a hitch. Took about 45 minutes in total. However, I didn't get to keep my screws. Something about they have to go to an inspection lab first (???) then they will mail them to me. I didn't quite understand this but I guess it must be a pretty new policy. Darn it, because I wanted to see how big the biggest screw is too!
I also got a cortisone injection to my left knee.
When I was being discharged, I realized that my bladder was really full and hurting. The nurse had me get dressed and go to the bathroom but I sat on the toilet for awhile and.....nothing. Not even a dribble. I spoke to the nurse about it and she got things rolling.
A bladder scan revealed a bladder full of urine, greater than 1000 ml, which prompted a straight catherization to relieve it. Much better!
Then it was time to go CT my right hip. They should have it reconstructed on Monday and Dr. Z said he'd call me about it next week sometime.
Having screws removed is pretty easy! No crutches, and 10 day restriction of no "rough housing" (only gentle play with the pups) and 30 day restriction of no "strenuous exercise" (ie: no running). He's mostly worried about the incision splitting open. I can take the dressing off in two days and shower at that point too. Whew! Time for a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment