I'm 6 days post scope and already have more to share:
Just some interesting observations I've had in the last couple days:
1) my pain suddenly (not gradually) has become what I think is "out of proportion" with the surgery I had. It is intense and not letting up. It is from buttock wrapped around to almost the groin and down thigh to knee (in front only, butt and just below butt in back). Everything hurts it, movement, weight bearing, touch, thought....ok not thought but then when I do think about it it does hurt more! It's ridiculous. Pains meds don't touch it, ice doesn't work (I've found sitting on ice is the best at this point but it doesn't really do much or last), and heat is pointless. The quality of the pain stays the same. There's an underlying element of soreness, like an extremely bad sprain/strain, but throughout the whole thing is this piercing, throbbing, ache that becomes sharp enough to induce tears if I move too much or just the wrong way.
2) Interestingly enough, I've found that weight bearing flat footed aggravates the pain (I can walk with the crutches, slowly) but I started going back to old habits and placing all my weight on the outer edge of my foot (so pinkie toe down to the floor, big toe up to the ceiling) and standing or walking this way. It really helps relieve a lot of the weight bearing/walking pain. This position also aligns my leg nearly perfectly straight, which I have pointed out to both Dr's Z and T before and they had said it was because of the twist in my bones.
I guess I'll be walking on the outside of my foot til it stops hurting otherwise. I don't know what else to do or think.
The intensity of the pain, being "out of proportion" with what I had done, worries me slightly, but the nurse in me says that I don't have a fever, the area is not red or overly swollen or overly warm to touch, so I doubt it's an infection. The only thing I can plausibly come up with right now is a hematoma and the pressure it would cause and that might make this pain I'm having seem reasonable. Otherwise, I'm at loss. A scope recovery shouldn't hurt about as much as my SDD recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment