Monday, December 10, 2012

Return to work set

I will be 6 weeks post op coming this Friday and things are going relatively well. I've been going without crutches for a week now and although short distances are ok, walking in the mall or for any extended period of time is not working out so well. I still feel a catch in the front of my hip. My limp comes back and my whole leg fatigues.
I have started home PT though to try to help strengthen the hip. Due to the recent ear surgery I had to remove adhesions from my inner ear, I'm on certain restrictions that prevent me from doing formal outpatient PT for another 2 weeks.
I'm released to go back to work with no restrictions on Thursday Dec 20, 2012. One and a half weeks left to get a little more strength and rest in before resuming everything as before.
Overall, I'm able to do just about anything, just have to modify a little if it's uncomfortable. Exhaustion and back pain are the biggest things I'm dealing with right now.

**I have 100 degrees hip flexion according to my office visit notes

No comments: