On the bright side, looking at my reflection is fun because I see myself with a straight leg. I will need to do a photo op to document my legs as I progress.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
3 months post ankle/tibia surgery
Boo, my whole foot, especially my heel and achilles over to my lateral ligaments, is one big writhing mass of nerve and fasciitis pain. My toe has actually been doing the best now. I've had to cut back on how much weight bearing I'm able to do right now because of the increase in pain and that is helping my discomfort. I still have 1-2+ pitting edema despite the Jobst stocking and lymph massage. My foot up to mid tibia turns bright red and if I touch it does the flash of white and turns right back to red when it flares up. I'm not quite certain yet, but I think my incision that opened and had to be treated healed too tight. The line is puckered and feels like it's pulling. It didn't look that way before the cast was applied. It's so hard to tell right now because I can't weight bear without the boot therefore I can't tell how the ankle and foot are going to feel when walking bare foot. I'm 11 weeks post op now and still pretty early in recovering. I haven't had the most ideal recovery either so I have to keep that in mind too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment