Monday, June 2, 2014

Stuck

Not my most glamorous moment today...I got "stuck" on the toilet, at work. My left hip was stuck in a painful position and it took a few tries to get it unstuck before I could move without crying. I'm sure either the labrum snagged or it was subluxation. What a pain in the butt (or anterior hip)! Now imagine the fun email I got to write to my surgeon's assistant...! I am asking to be able to get a cortisone injection here at home now versus driving 3 hours to Royal Oak for one or waiting until October when I have my follow up with Z. I thought I was going to skate by on this side until this winter since I just passed the 3.5 year post PAO mark. Hmmm... Well played hip, well played.

And since I brought it up (it's my blog) I just celebrated 3 years post RPAO and 3.5 years post LPAO on Saturday the 31st of May. No new or exciting things to publish. I have noticed however that humidity is a natural enemy to my hip joints (and foot/ankle joints) more so than freezing temps, I dare say. I would never admit it to my husband though since I have him convinced that we need to move out of the north and flee south...far south where summers last longer than 2 measly weeks. I'm unpacking my winters clothes as we speak. No, seriously!

I'm also coming up on 1 year post op on my foot and ankle surgery this Saturday, June 7th. I'm making slow, slooooow strides in the right direction. I still depend on meds to control the nerve pain and have discovered a little more that I really can't wack my ankle plate against things, 'cause hey, it really hurts! I'd like the hardware to be removed but if my pain management doctor's face is anything to go by, I'm going to guess that's not the brightest idea. I'm going to try to live with it. It scares me to think I could get back to where I was when my CRPS was out of control so I'll heed his warning and get him to stop making faces at me everytime I bring it up. I'm also scared to sit on the toilet again, but I can't hold it forever...pass the toilet paper, eh?

No comments: