That's what you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino ~ at least that's what the radiologist tells me when I ask him about my first arthrogram/MRI result. I should explain. My pcp ordered a D-dimer on me after the 1st arthrogram/MRI d/t the radiologist thought he saw a femoral artery blood clot in my right hip. The D-dimer was negative, so no blood clot. What is this spot then? That's where "hell if I know" aka "elephino" comes in.
While I got my 2nd arthro-MRI done yesterday (along with CT) I peppered the radiologist with questions and he did his best to answer.
Good news is, all my tests for surgical planning are done. Bad news is, I wait for another month and a half before going over the results with Dr. Z.
My hipster, Jen, stated the obvious...call him and get the results over the phone! Duh, my brain is on such overload that it just didn't occur to me at this point that I could do that. (And I'm a nurse...)
The 2nd arthro injection wasn't as smooth as the 1st. Not horrible, just a couple sharp twinges. Different radiologist, different results. I did have the same nurse though, so that was great! Also, I have to give props to R.O. Beaumont because my tests weren't supposed to start until 1 pm and end sometime around 5 or 6. I got in at 11:30 and left the hospital at 2:00! Very nice. They worked hard to get me in and out quickly and smoothly and they did it in the nicest way possible.
So, right now I am on hold. Right now I am holding my breath for Jen because she will be going under the knife in as little as 5 days! She and I had a nice conversation on the phone yesterday and she sounds so calm and strong. She's a great inspiration! For those of you following along...please put Jen in your prayers for a successful/uncomplicated surgery and uneventful recovery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sweetest...girl...ever! Thank you so much! I am headed back to the house now, to see what everyone has been doing in preparation for the shindig. All I know is there's a 13x26' tent in my yard! Haha, wish you could come!
I am praying and thinking of Jen! I can not believe that I am over 2 months post-op and I remember how nervous I was before my surgery, but the nerves didn't really kick in till the morning of the surgery. I remember being in tears when being rolled into the OR. At least I have only 1 hip left to do...but it will be awhile before it gets fixed. How are you doing Marcie? Were you able to get the results from your doc?
Post a Comment