Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reversal of fortune

Highlight of today: I pooped.

Lowlights of today: I feel like hell. My hip really hurts. I'm taking my vicodin regularly today. I'm finding bruises on me I hadn't noticed before. My energy is gone and I'm feeling kind of dizzy again today, but it comes and goes. It's really all I can do to keep my eyes open. Weirdest thing I'm experiencing is this "flutter" feeling in the right groin/pubic area. Most concerning thing I'm experiencing is my right leg wants to externally rotate to the extreme, where my foot is lying flat, toes pointed outward, on the surface it's resting on. I have never had that much external rotation before due to my anteversion.

At least I still have an appetite!

4 comments:

Scarlett said...

I had those "flutters" but down by the knee. Amanda's leg is doing the same external rotation too and it's driving her crazy! Hope you feel better tomorrow!!!

ASpalla said...

Hey girlie! I hope you feel better tomorrow. My hip began to external rotate, severely, after my botched RPAO, but I had undiagnosed retroversion, so it makes sense. I am sure it is because you are realigned and it gives you the proper ROM. If it is uncomfortable, I tucked pillows under my leg to support it from rotating. Of course, my leg rotates out soo much that it dislocates. Eep! Love u!

JMURPH said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well..I hope the pain gets better really soon! Both of my hips externally rotate(d) where the side of my foot would touch the surface I was sitting/lying on! I actually thought it was comfortable..but that's just me! Cam places pillows under the outside of my leg to prevent too much rotation but my hips still rotate and push the pillows away on their own! You could try superglue under your legs and then make sure your toes point to the sky! I see some downsides to that plan but just thought I'd share! In all seriousness, I hope you have a better, less painful day tomorrow! Love you

Princess PAO said...

Hi Marcie

I'm so sorry to read that your morale is low and things not going as you had been hoping they would continue to.

Are you feeling any better today? Perhaps given that things were going so well, this is just a temporary blip in an otherwise stellar recovery?

and - thank you for your message the other day, and your very kind words!

I suggest you watch the TV show Breaking Bad because it is a brilliantly dark and darkly brilliant show to keep your mind off things.

anyway, just wanted to let you know I hope things are looking up already, and if not, do so super soon.

Sarah x