I'm still in PT for the right hip. I don't use crutches anymore. I still haven't done a whole lot of walking distance wise but I will build up to that.
In PT I'm still struggling with straight leg lifts on the right side. It just does not want to do it. My left knee also still hurts, especially on stairs or with a wrong move while turning.
But I am able to lead up steps with my right leg and I can do abduction exercises pretty well, so that is a good thing. I think in my next PT session I'll be getting my ROM measured again so we can see where my hip flexion is at this point.
I am being choosey on jobs as well, trying to find something that isn't as physically demanding, so I am not working yet. Which is ok, since Z said I wouldn't be 100% ready to go just yet anyway. Squatting down and getting back up still bothers my quad on the right and that will be important to get back. Pain is kind of in the background now, like a familiar old ache. It's usually worse after sitting awhile from stiffness or if I'm up doing an activity for too long. But if I rest, it goes away. Icing and heating still do well for me too.
I see Dr. Z again September 12th for my 3 month follow up, so I'm looking forward to hearing good things when I'm there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Marcie
It sounds like you are doing really well. Tell me, what is it like, your walking without crutches? painful/tiring? do you limp?
when do you think a person could start cycling post op?
I am just working up a healthy fear in the run up to my op... the day after your 3 month check up. xx
Sounds like you're doing normal! I am glad you're still posting. How often is PT?
Miss you!
Jen
Post a Comment