Things have been set up for December 16th for a left hip scope, a derotational osteotomy at the hip with plate and screws and derotational osteotomy of the tibia and fibula with plate and screws. Each derotation will be a 25 degree correction, the femur external (outward) and the tibia internal (inward). Those a considered pretty significant numbers. My surgeon says it'll be a pretty rough surgery and to plan a minimum of 12 weeks of down time. A double level osteotomy is difficult on pediatric patients at best, so on the adult patient it's even more difficult meaning I may not recover easily or timely. I'm definitely determined to beat those predictions and recover well.
On the CRPS front I've been switching up my medication regime and I have switched from neurontin to topamax and Nucynta ER. This combo works so much better than what I was doing before, but holy cow, I drink tons of water but don't sweat anymore, I barely pee, get kinda nauseated. And the biggest thing is I haven't had any pop in 6 weeks!! That's huge because Diet Coke has been a staple in my diet all my life. Topamax apparently has this side effect commonly. It's worth it though.
The biggest hurdle I'm going to face now going into surgery is trying to get a spinal or block of some to protect my right leg from going into a flare during and after surgery.
1 comment:
Hello sister. So good to know you through your profle on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog " IT'S A MAD HIP WORLD" and the post on it "Details for December". Thank you for sharing about the surgery you are undergoing in the month of December. I am a strenger from Mumbai, India but I am going to pray for you as you prepare and go for surgery in December. Though it is a rough surgery but God is going to take care of you without any complication. He is also going to heal the wound fast. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Chrit to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumabai on a short / long term missions trip to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. Since you are a registerd Nurse how rewarding will it be if you come to Mumbai after you are recovered from your surger to come and work with us bringing physical as well as spiritual healing to the physically and spiritually inflected people. Would love to hear from you. Be assured of our prayers for you. It will be great if you give your name so that me and my church can pray for you by your name. God is more interested in specefic prayers. So please forward your name. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you.
Post a Comment