Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sweet freedom!

I drove today for the first time since surgery. I was waiting until the roads were clear from most of the snow and ice and today is a beautiful winter day; the sun is shining, the snow is melting and not a cloud in the sky! It felt pretty good to drive. The hip itself did fine, it was the muscles that protested afterwards. I don't know what's going on inside my leg, but it is so sore! The incision won't stop hurting either but it looks fine! Just some questions for the doctor I guess.

On another note, slightly related to the hip saga, the hubby and I were offered a free trip to Vienna, Austria in June with some very good friends...near impossible to pass up! Soooo, this along with the fact that I don't think Z wants to do the LPAO in March pushes me to delay the LPAO until December. I'm not going to make any final decisions until my next follow up.

An addendum:
I got a stationary bike yesterday courtesy of my mom (she's so awesome!) And have been using that along with my 1000 leg reps. Gonna get me some strong, sexy legs!

4 comments:

HipSk8 said...

Marcie - If I had a free trip to Vienna I'd delay my PAO too. That sounds exciting and fun!

It will be interesting to find out how similar our LPAO recoveries are due to the similar pathology. I'll try to keep good notes on my blog so we can compare some day.

Terri

Jen said...

Go, Marce! Take the trip!

Sarah @ The Pieces of MI Life said...

GO! whatever you have to do to make it work. Opportunity of a lifetime!

Julie said...

Free trip to Vienna! I am so jealous! It will be interesting to see how we end up during and after this whole hip saga. So glad to have found you and all the other "hipwomen". It is such a lifesaver to my sanity! Too bad all of us hippies can't have a free trip somewhere together. That would be so cool!