Here's a photo of my scar at a week out and it's a little on the sexy side ;) About 4 steri strips fell off and it's about 10-11 inches long but very thin and pretty.
Ooh lala! Thinking about you and I hope your PT exercises and getting around is going well. I think you need to put a countdown to Mexico on your site too!!!
mmmmm, good idea! But then again, that is sooo much work! I'm so slow at getting these things on here!!!! I'll work on it though, b/c what else have I got to do?! LOL!
What is a PAO?
Periacetabular Osteotomy. The mother of all hip surgeries. A procedure that cuts the hip socket out of the pelvis to allow the the socket to be repositioned and then screwed back into place. This allows the ball & socket to move fluidly, preventing cartilage damage and preserving the joint in patients with faulty hips. The PAO preserves & enhances the patient's own hip, not replacing it with artificial parts like a hip replacement. Why not a hip replacement? Although the recovery is said to be easier with a hip replacement, they are not ideal for younger people as they need to be revised frequently, leading to a possible 7+ additional surgeries for someone my age. Also, active people generally can not resume their higher level of activity.
3 comments:
Ooh lala! Thinking about you and I hope your PT exercises and getting around is going well. I think you need to put a countdown to Mexico on your site too!!!
mmmmm, good idea! But then again, that is sooo much work! I'm so slow at getting these things on here!!!! I'll work on it though, b/c what else have I got to do?! LOL!
Hey girlie! The scar looks good! Battles wounds they are and I am so glad to hear that you are doing well! Keep ur head and keep pushing! :)
Post a Comment